"The Nation is relying on the State of Ohio to determine this election. Here is your spokesperson for the State of Ohio... Doesn't this make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside? ;)"
I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one.
- Firstly: This person is but one of 11,544,951 Ohioans (2011 US Census Estimate), and, clearly, highly unlikely to have been elected anyone's spokesperson of ANYTHING! She can barely speak clearly. Hardly ANYONE'S "spokesperson".
- Secondly: I remain astounded as to how my girl, would elect to post the video of this person talking about how she got a free phone "from Obama".
- Thirdly: This video, and it's posting on the social media site, was not political red meat. It is rotten meat and sour grapes, at the every least, and, KoolAid for gullible lemmings in need of something to point to as the reflection of the immediate, diabolical downfall of the country should the sitting POTUS win re-election.
- Fourthly: I do not find it one bit ironic, or shocking, that the woman on the video is black. It appears the shooter specifically chose this individual to serve his purposes.
- Fifthly: What was the camera person attempting to illustrate with his video? That one black woman, represented the entirety of black society? This one, poor ($$$), loud-assed soul is being used like the baseless, shameful rhetorical caricatures employed in Nazi Germany against the Jews. This display is also shameful, and idiotic, considering the ENTIRE UNIVERSE knows that not all black people conduct themselves, or speak in this manner. Many do, not that there's anything wrong with that. But those that do are hardly indicative of any form of political representation on world stages.
- Sixth: The video exploits the zeal of the speaker to show what he thinks of black people and to convince those SHEEPLE, too sheltered to know any better, that this is PROOF of how all black people are, act and behave. The video captures the shooter's own biases, prejudices, stereotypes, and world views.
- I dated a guy from Ohio. He was Caucasian. I am CERTAIN that HEEEEEEEEEE thinks HEEEEEEEEEE is the spokesperson for all of OHIO!
I watched the video, which I hadn't seen until today. I chose to post on the thread to diffuse what could have gotten really ugly on it! Here are, in order, my comments, that I posted on my friend's wall:
- "Come on now... you've never taken a crappy photo? Silly. :-P"
- "OOOOO!!!! There's VIDEO!?!?!? I've not seen that! Do post!"
- "OMGOMGOMG! That's ridiculous!!! An uneducated, (possibly inebriated) soul putting her worst, personal foot forward! The most annoying voice i think i have, EVER heard... so sad.
Well... both sides have some real DINGBATS for examples... like the guy who called for civil war, should Obama get re-elected.
WAIT!?!?!?!? Wasn't she my Dorm Mate???? Yeaaaaah. no. Bless her heart!
- "OMG! I'm going to have SOOOO going to have nightmares now... that voice!!!! It's like "SUPERCRACKHEAD ELMO"!!!...And GONZO... had a baby!
That "idiocracy" movie is upon us! I'm scaaaaaarrrrred, (insert post-owner's name here).
Now... to go verify her phone story.... I believe... but VERIFY! ..."
Well... I obviously didn't do too well After my posts, one Angry Bird, chose to use Angry words. And nobody gave this woman the benefit of the doubt. They just swallowed the whole megillah! Gehachte Tsorris! Shameful! Pathetic. And one motherfecking sad commentary on how we see our fellow citizens.
And she's even being used in an anti-obama PAC advertisement. Where is the bottom!? This is plainly beyond the pale.
And what does it say about those of us who are willing to accept this, dirty, chicanery and shenanigans with a blind eye? And who are willing to be on a team where this is tolerated, encouraged and nurtured. I refuse to be on a team like that. It is a moral issue.
- Super PAC Tea Party Victory Fund is using the "Obama Phone" lady in a new Ohio swing-state aimed ad (Fox News)
- The "Obama Phone" Lady Makes it Into an Anti-Obama PAC Ad (Slate)
I'm a man of a certain age who still believes that certain women, of a certain level of refinement and breeding would never call, a fellow girl-child of God, "out her name"--- and certainly not in public. Ah... the good ole days. Huh?
We are losing our civility and compassion, exponentially, in this world. We have to resort to rhetoric, hate and fear-mongering to win an election in a "principled" manner? Haven't we gotten past the old days... besides, with fact-checkers, and the internet, lying--- with impunity--- is in truly poor form, and easily vetted.
"Jesus H., Obama didn't start this program!!!! It goes back decades and was expanded under other presidents. Quote: "Lifeline for the past 25 years has helped tens of millions of low-income Americans afford basic phone service. Access to telephone service is essential for finding a job, connecting with family, or getting help in an emergency, and the percentage of low-income households with phone service has increased from 80% in 1985, when Lifeline began, to nearly 92% last year."
VIA YouTube user: Shrade417, about 40 minutes ago.
Our energetic young woman, obviously got the fecked up translation about the phones, their source and their purpose. But look how quickly EEEEEEEEVERYBODY latched onto that bone like pissed off carnivores starving for another meal--- as if it was gospel, and the God's Honest Truth! Did this woman in the video deserve to be called "VILE" or a "Bitch"!?!?!?!? Who will ever apologize to this human being, no matter how she "presents", or how wrong they were. This blatantly indicates a much larger problem.
People are willing to "drink the Kool-Aid"!!! They're THIRSTY for it. DAMN IT! Everyone uses the term, but how many of you are old enough to remember the tragedy of gullibility and brainwashing from whence it came!!!!!? Anybody remember Jonestown!?
It is a pitiful monument to one horrible, sick, pathetic sonofabitch who cared only for his sexual proclivities, absolute power, manipulation--- and robbery--- of the people who followed him and the murders he committed in order to protect it all--- until the people woke UP!
We are too lazy to do the research! We are only willing to exert as much effort as it takes to locate another pod of people that agree with us. We'll listen to anything... and never avail ourselves of the motherfecking internet and do our own fecking homework! Don't people want to know the truth? Nope! It's more convenient to join the "Amen Corner" and drink the what (rest their souls)?
But we are all "tea-partying" ourselves into the extinction of independent, thoughtful, carefully verified thought!!!! Everything old is new again! Words matter! Facts matter! Cut the bullshit! What if you're wrong?
The woman in the video (AKA "The Obamaphone Lady") is describing a legitimate government program, which, she obviously, misspoke about. But millions of YouTube viewers fell for it... hook line, and handset! Like, rabid, outraged, lambs to slaughter! That's more than a little pathetic, no? Fecking LEMMINGS! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
ALL of this video bullshit was just that! Just bullshit fodder for those who feel they win, when everyone in their circle sings the same fecking tune! It's horrifying. And ignorant.
The slave owners used "divide and conquer" techniques to control ALL their servants. To prevent the slaves from befriending the indentured servants and the white poor who worked in the fields alongside them. Everything old is new again. But you're willing to fall for it? Just remember that not everyone with a grin, is your friend!
If we were all so readily sucked into this manipulative phone fabrication, what else could we be wrong about?
Two men are running for the highest office in the land, and one of them is so reviled, that some people are willing to say, or do, anything, as if the world isn't watching, to win. Where is the honor, and dignity, in that?
There will be a follow-up to that question tonight, on the night of this, fractious, election day. Coming up shortly. Thank you for your comments! TTYL! <3